Monday, April 12, 2010

Typical Bend ya Over Monday!!

Okay I have a confession because I have to give credit where credits due... I totally stole that title from Tammy Patnode (IFBB PRO) she had it as her update on facebook and it cracked me up! That woman comes out with the best phrases!! Anywhoooo it is Monday and I have MUCH to blog about MUCH! So much in fact I'm gonna have to prioritize with an update...

See things pop into my head daily, or I get emails with questions that I have in depth answers to and would be perfect for a blog. You see the writing it out part, well that actually comes pretty easy to me... but the TIME part... oh well, the TIME, that's not so easy! In fact lately, TIME has been doing the old vanishing act on me.

Remember I said we all are given the same hours in the day and we all have the choice of what to do with them... well I've been choosing. And I believe I've been choosing wisely... BUT if you also remember I said I was full of it! IT being energy, ideas, goals, and thus have been filling up my time accordingly. Picking up extra hours at work, spending time outside with the kids - always a priority, GYM GYM GYM of course, making time for hubby, we had an awesome date night Friday night. Which really quickly I just need to tell any parents out there like us who don't get out often without the kids: we found an awesome Gymnastics place that has a kids fun night! You drop the kids off for three hours, they have supervised play (small ratios ), they give them pizza, a snack, and juice for dinner and THEY LOVED IT!! (my boys cried to leave!) Meanwhile hubby and I went to a Japanese restaurant called Bamboo and had a nice little date night, kids free! It was fabulous! Any moms feel free to email me and I'll give you more details. And I must mention at Bamboo there are MANY MANY healthy steamed choices on the menu. I had chicken and asparagus. Okay so back to the time issue... sorry I can easily get side tracked, as I said I'm getting more involved in the sport again, so Saturday I was in Rhode Island judging Kevin Topka's BLNPA show which I had so much fun at! Was a great turn out ESPECIALLY for figure!

I have to say I had a slight set back, but very slight... I started off the week with no voice, and just feeling horrible, and ended it at the doctors. Shame on me for waiting to long and pushing through work and the gym, because I ended up with a sinus infection. But good meds and good rest and I'm on the road to full recovery.

Figured while I was sick I would address a quick question I hear often, SHOULD I CONTINUE TO TRAIN AND DIET IF I"M SICK? I'll give you the short answer... yes! 90% of the time, yes! By this I mean, how sick is sick? Common cold, stomach ache, headache, mild cramps?? YES. Flu, vomiting or fever NO. Like I said this is the very short answer. But think about it, if you take off every time you are slightly under the weather, how many days a month would you miss? Now how many days a year? Sometimes the key is to just get there and tell yourself : I'm only going to do 30 minutes of cardio, and if I feel sick, I'll leave. It's true, trust your body, if you feel sick LEAVE. But 9 times out of 10 it will make you feel better. Also you can't judge your feeling by first thing in the morning, or last thing at night, this is when if you're sick you tend to be the worst. It's more about trusting your body and trying to get there. Even if it means you're not breaking any personal records that night, you still attempted to get there. Now obviously you want to make sure you are getting plenty of fluids and rest, and if you absolutely need a few days off trust your body. But don't get into the habit of just saying I'm not feeling well tonight, I'm not going to go to the gym. You will quickly find that suddenly you're "not feeling well" often because you can justify skipping for that reason.

In my case I pushed until I knew it was pointless to push because I really started getting sick (plus my hubby kind of insisted on a day off - sometimes I can be so stubborn with resting, its really not intentional, I just like to go. Sometimes he saves me from myself.) I went to the gym Monday through Wednesday took Thursday off and went to the Dr.'s on Friday... I was instructed to rest (I had my gym clothes on going in lol). So I took Friday off the gym went and Judged Saturday. After almost 48 hours on antibiotics by Sunday, I was back in the gym. I can't say I was 100% myself, but I got in a decent workout and cardio and was glad I didn't let it hold me down. I'm still making sure to hydrate and rest (well right after I finish this blog I'll rest) - see not enough hours in the day!

So lots going on, working extra this week so juggling that with the fam and the gym. Have all my notes from the show this past weekend with pics and criteria, will def try to get those up within a week or two, need to sort through everything.

By the end of the week I plan to actually start tracking my progress to hold myself a little more accountable. Not necessarily on here, yet, but writing down measurements, weight etc. helps keep you on point. I use to be compulsive about my log book and my measurements/weight tracking. I am trying not to become so compulsive about it again, because its not necessary, but I do want some record and point of reference. Just eating good and working out is not enough. Many will try to convince you it is, and it may be in the beginning, but as your lifestyle changes to being fit, it takes the next steps to progress to the next steps. And I'm not even talking contest prep.

With the kids - Bianca has her talent show this week, school vacation next week (which is always very busy for us), recital pictures coming up, getting BUSY!!

And the last thing I just want to touch on is support!! My family is my rock and my support system. I know it seems like I do a lot but I couldn't keep all these balls in the air without them! Without them I would never be able to juggle the things I do. Starting with my husband, number one he loves grocery shopping, what man loves grocery shopping? But he does, so Sunday he went food shopping while I went to the gym. My inlaws! Friday my mother in-law saw my update on facebook that I was heading to the doctors and called to see if she could take the kids, I was already there so she met me there and took them for a few hours so I could rest!! MY parents!! Saturday was Daddy's chill day with the boys and I had to go to RI for the show, my parents asked to take Bianca for a sleepover! They spoiled her rotten, dinner, movie, ice cream, shopping... sure makes me feel less guilty being away knowing she's having so much fun. I could go on and on about my family. Even when I compete they not quite understand why I do it, or why I put myself through it, but they are supportive towards me nonetheless. I can't begin to express how thankful I am to have them!

So next blog... I've gotten tons of emails on how to lose the baby weight... that will be my next one, with a focus on skin. Then try to get the show stuff, figure criteria together... and then I'd like to get to the nitty gritty of what I'm doing nutrition/splits/ cardio so I can track that better on here... all in good time :)

Hope everyone has a great week and it wasn't too bad of a bend ya over Monday! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment