Thursday, August 2, 2012

"Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea for one." (Ancient Chinese Proverb)

HAPPY THURSDAY!! One more day to the weekend always makes me happy :) Today was great! Started off with am cardio and ab work with a girlfriend, sweating it out while girl chatting always seems to make it so much easier. Time flies! All my food being prepped is I will admit a little boring with variety, but I just find myself not having to think AT ALL about what I'm going to eat or prepare or bring. Definitely puts some ease into eating cleaner. Took the kids to a fun educational workshop today. It was a Fossil dig! They got these cool little kits of "rocks" with 4 actual fossils inside. They had to dig, scrape and find the fossils and dust them off and identify them matching them to the cards and descriptions that came with the kit. It was very cute! They were little paleontologists for the day!! They loved it... Honestly I did too!

Photobucket

Right after our Fossil Dig I came out into the car and wolfed down my next meal preparing myself for the next treat for the kids of the day. A trip to Friendly's!! Now normally the Nines or somewhere with halfway decent healthy food, I could have manipulated my meal there at the restaurant to fit. But honestly something "healthy from Friendlys" did not sound appealing at all. Honestly Friendlys in and of itself does not really appeal to me much at all, but the kids are obsessed... so whats a Mom to do? So I ate in the car my packed meal, knowing I wouldnt eat there. Makes sense anyway, wrangling three kids in a restaurant - coloring, playing games, making ketchup bulls eyes, picking meals, cutting food, trips to the bathroom, I'm lucky if I get to focus on my food anyway, so it works good with me not eating. Less stress actually since I'm solely fixated on them. Less stress is relative - boys and indoor voices are a working progress.

I did however treat myself to a nice refreshing beverage to enjoy while I watched them pound quesadillas and ice cream. I will say a few weeks ago I did "indulge" and get a quesadilla at Friendlys with them and was sick so badly to my stomach for about 8 hours! It was miserable, too much grease and excess fat hurt my belly bad. So honestly there was no hard feelings about not eating. My "treat" today was my venti unsweetened iced green tea. I don't drink coffee, so this tea is just my little treat that I love. Its refreshing, it keeps my mouth "occupied" and green tea has many health benefits. 

Click here to read more:  http://chinesefood.about.com/library/weekly/aa011400a.htm

Photobucket

The entire day (and my clients can vouch for this) :) I answer emails and texts regarding programs in between my madness. This evening I chatted with an online client who is doing great!! You guys seriously motivate me!! I know everyone's journey is different and to see you all fighting for it despite your struggles makes my heart happy and is SO rewarding I cant even begin to express! 
  • This client is already down 9 lbs 
  • lost 1.5 in her Bust 
  • lost 2.5 in her waist
  • Lost 1 in her Abdomen
  • Lost 2 1/4in her Hips
  • Lost 1 inch in each leg
  • Lost 1.5 in her arm
I finished the day off with some much needed housework, laundry, and family time chilling outside... 
I LOVE SUMMER NIGHTS!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment