Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sprinters abs!!

TWO BAD DAYS on the weekend can ERASE 5 good days of progress, REMEMBER THAT! If you are trying to maintain, then that balance may work for you. But if fat loss is your goal you will be caught like a hamster in a wheel, never progressing because the damage the weekend brings is erasing the hard work you put in over the week. Stay consistent and opt for a nice TREAT meal at the end of the week. A 3 hour span of freedom. A break mentally and physically from your goals. Its a reward for you to earn, a treat for you, and a turning point to get right back on track for the next week and new goals.

Yesterdays log: I decided I needed to get some sleep since I'd been waking at 5:00am all week so I did not opt for am cardio. I lounged in bed a little and just relaxed with the kids. Sometimes this is good, but sometimes it just makes it harder for me to get motivated. I ate breakfast later than normal and I played around on the internet. It was going to be a hot sunny day so I seriously was debating the gym. I planned to get it in early and pool it the rest of the day but I was being lazy. I was watching Olympics clips with the kids and after watching this one of Gabby Douglas I really wanted to go to the gym!!


Athletes have always been inspiring to me. Their determination, their work ethic, their heart... it just motivates me watching them! Who can watch such strength, confidence, beauty and poise from a CHILD and not be motivated?!?! So up and off I went with my day and it was a GREAT ONE!

Ironic while doing intervals on the treadmill guess who happened to be on the TV screen in front of me???

Ms. Ripped Ross with etched out abs running her heart out!! Coincidence? I think not! Total Olympic Motivation #2 of the day!

Photobucket

I hate running!! Not gonna lie, but I did my interval session like a good girl and I liked it! Ok I liked how I felt after completing it, but I did not LIKE IT ;)

If you wanna try it! Love training like this: focused and done and changing it up so often makes it go by faster.

This workout was given by http://www.mikedaviesfitness.com/ My old fitness trainer when I competed. Even though I'm not training for a show I'm just training for my own accomplishment I still like to PUSH myself!!

Instructions:  This program is done on the treadmill and contains three
different intervals involving walking, lunges on the treadmill, and
running.

WARM-UP:  EFX at a moderate pace for 10 minutes

INTERVAL :  Set the treadmill at a 2% incline at a speed of 3.6+ and walk
for two minutes.  Back the speed down to 2.0 or less and lunge on the
treadmill for one minute.  Immediately up the speed to 6.0+ and run for two
minutes.  At the conclusion of the run up the incline by 2 to 3% and
repeat the cycle adjusting the speeds for each section the same.

INTERVAL BREAKDOWN

INTERVAL         TIME
ADJUST INCLINE to 2%
Walk         0:00-2:00
Lunge         2:00-3:00
Run         3:00-5:00
ADJUST INCLINE to 5% - I chose at my level of conditioning to leave the incline at 5% but you could continue to increase with each cycle if you are ready.
Walk         5:00-7:00
Lunge         7:00-8:00
Run         8:00-10:00
ADJUST INCLINE to 5%
Walk        10:00-12:00
Lunge        12:00-13:00
Run        13:00-15:00
ADJUST INCLINE to 5%
Walk        15:00-17:00
Lunge        17:00-18:00
Run        18:00-20:00
ADJUST INCLINE to 5%
Walk        20:00-22:00
Lunge        22:00-23:00
Run         23:00-25:00
Cool down - Walk 3.6 for 10 minutes.

**Favorite meal of the day... 2 oz flank steak, 3oz chicken, roasted red pepper hummus on the chicken and 1 tbs tabouli on the steak and a boat load of asparagus and green beans sauteed... YUM!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! And can enjoy some of this beautiful hot summer sun!! Stay fit, healthy, happy, and real :)

**Progress tracking, I am down 1.8 lbs since Tuesday**

No comments:

Post a Comment