Tuesday, August 7, 2012

BEYOND REASON

Some people simply refuse to accept limits or listen to conventional wisdom. Instead of merely existing in history, they have the daring and courage to change it. Their drive takes them beyond the ordinary, and their sense of purpose propels them far beyond the boundaries of reason. At Oakley, that spirit infuses everything we do. For Oakley athlete Lolo Jones it's putting 12 years of work into 12 seconds of hurdles. BEYOND REASON.


Some people cannot understand our fascination with athletes. And that's perfectly fine, I get if its not your thing, its not your thing. But APPLY this mentality to ANYTHING in life. You want to purchase a home and it takes you 12 years to save, and scrape and sacrifice to do so. You want your PHD, and you struggle and study, take school loan after school loan to get it. You want to own your own business, you build it from scratch. Year upon year of not paying yourself, up late nights, work your tail off and it succeeds. You want to start a family. You want to MAKE a difference. You want a better position at work. You want a better life. WHATEVER it is, you have to be willing to be relentless and WORK for it. People who do great things are not lucky, nor are they simply blessed. They have failed, and they have had tough ties just like anyone else. Many have wanted to quit, some HAVE quit. But that is where the fascination lies. There is something SPECIAL about their ability to dig down and accomplish. I know many will say well what about the single Mom who digs down? What about the woman with cancer who was able to dig down? What about the child raised from drug addicts that was able to dig down? And what about the teen Mom that was able to dig down? Those people inspire me too! Every point in your life YOU have power, ONLY you. Everyone pity's the weak, I don't want pity. Jealousy is earned! I don't want jealousy either. I just want like this video expresses that feeling FOR MYSELF - overcoming doubt and accomplishing what you need to accomplish and finding that JOY WITHIN.  I thrive off that!

I realize my message is fitness based BECAUSE that is what I do. However it applies EVERYWHERE in life and that is why I find it so inspiring. You would not believe the emotion and struggles I deal with in this industry working with clients. Its why I have such passion for what I do, and why I am good at what I do, because I truly care. I SEE first hand that something that seems so straight forward and simple - Workout 4 days a week and eat healthy - is not so simple. There's so much EMOTION attached to food and your body image. There's emotion attached to your genetics, and your body's make-up. There's vulnerability attached to your confidence, your goals. Fitness is so much more than just workout 4 days a week and eat healthy - IT IS NOT so simple. And I find when I'm challenging myself a little more, I too am reminded how MENTAL this is more than physical. How your mindset plays the MOST important ROLE.

So without further rambling because I'm having an extremly busy and inspired day, I will do my own personal log.

Sunday I had a cheat day - more so just a few off hours but it was due with progress. The one thing I do like about cheating is just not having to THINK about my food so much. But one thing I hate about cheating is after consistently eating clean for a period of time, greasy fatty food makes me soooooo sick to my stomach. Without giving TMI (too late its coming) - "cheat food" goes RIGHT through me. Its really putting a dark cloud on the whole cheating experience for me. Who wants to enjoy one hour of fun food to be sick and in the bathroom for the next 4 hours? YUCK no fun! And I also don't feel like my cheat meal is doing its purpose of re feeding me and filling me up if I'm dehydrated, drained, and sick following it. So I'm thinking I may have to replan my cheat meal planning. I may just have to up carbs for the day instead and stay away from excess fat or totally off plan foods. A "typical cleaner refeed" day instead. I'm ok with that, bagels make me just as happy :) And you know what never makes me sick? Wine. Wine never makes me sick ;)

Workouts have been great and cardio intervals have been challenging me like no other!! I've missed training like this!! Prepping food has made my life SO much easier! Again I haven't been as fun in the kitchen with variety but for simplicity and consistency its working!! In your spare time ;) try this interval program on the treadmill! Fun times! And for those who feel self conscious walking backwards on the treadmill to that I say... get over it. Step outside your comfort zone. Your tush will thank you!!  At first people may stare but when you are getting into better and better shape I guarantee you will then see "followers". Its so true. At first people ask WHY you do something? And then when you get results they ask HOW you do it?

**And one last honest somewhat funny note... whoever said beauty knows no pain has never worn the wrong cute underwear vs. the comfy underwear to the gym while doing this program!*** NOT FUN!

And today I'm off to a CUPCAKE workshop with the kids!!! Not once lick of frosting shall enter this mouth... not one lick of frosting shall enter this mouth... not one lick of frosting shall enter this mouth!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment