Friday, August 10, 2012

"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."

During the summer is usually my "easier time of life" we're still busy but obv less busy than normal. This week felt like a "typical fall week". With doctors appointments, dance camps, workshops, school meetings, two full boot camps, clients, and not missing my own workouts and goals, it was a bit of a hectic week. Yesterday alone my day started with 5:30 am workout, drop offs, having 5 boys all day ages 7,5,5,5, and 19 months and ended around 9pm after teaching back to back boot camps. ALL things I have been blessed with and truly enjoy doing, but I was still beat to the bone! My day today started off busy but ended with some shopping and involved purchasing two new pairs of shoes... After an ultimate super mommy week I said to myself I am paid in love, there is no greater gift... Okay I am paid in love and shoes :)

Photobucket


Then I went on to watch my daughters awesome dance routines from her week at dance, taking another step for my program at school in the fall, AND a NAPPPPPP, a glorious, nice, uninterupted NAP -  which was like heaven and so needed. This week has been wonderful - full of all positive productive things - I'm just a little tired from the constant productivity - in other words - I desperately need a lazy day!! Hoping Sunday can make that happen!

Progress has been great, I feel harder/tighter this week and my workouts have def hit a better level leaving me super sore all week which may have added a bit to the fatigue, but I worked it out! The scale didn't move this week, and I would love to take the time to focus on writing and sharing about the importance of the scale not being the only deciding factor in progress because this is a great subject, but to be quite frank, I don't have it in me to go off on a subject, but its a message I like to drill quite often. I will touch a little on how weight looks differently with muscle, but I'm still quite tired, have a list of client emails I need to get to and looking forward to another busy day and friends wedding tomorrow, so this will be a short update of a blog.

I will say that this morning was quite a pleasant surprise in terms of my own progress in physique changes... I had planned for the wedding tomorrow to wear a formal dress already in my closet. A- because I have many, B- this is a group that I have never been to a wedding with and we attended like 3 or 4 wedding last year so I figured one would work, and C- I honestly was too exhausted to shop. To my surprise and delight... I tired on all of my dresses - some of which only fit in the summer when I tend to be leaner and they were TOO BIG! Either material ruffling up, big pockets on the side, or falling off up top! I was shocked. It is nice when your focus becomes just being healthy and staying in shape and you don't even realize you are hitting new goals in the process. I then tried on my testament of truth. That one piece of clothing we all have. It only fits when we are at a certain size and its usually very old. We keep just to see if we just fit into it. This particular item is a one piece skort outfit from express I bought it Freshmen year of high school!! I was a whopping 14 years old! Now my goal is not to have my 14 year old body... however I haven't really grown since then so essentially its a guide. Its a size 1/2 - which I'm not generally a "size person" because I really think every brand store is different and it doesn't matter. The fact is I've had it since high school so its my center of reason for small size on my frame. Put it on this morning in my midst of my own little fashion show and it fit!! FELT GREAT!! As exhausted as I may be, I know I've been able to keep my goals and fitness strong even with all of my craziness in life. To every Mom who thinks they cant, who thinks they're too busy, who thinks they'll wait until their kids get older, I'm telling you now.. DO IT NOW. We can give and give and give. We can work, we can clean, we can love unconditionally... but you DESERVE some of your own attention. It will give you more energy and positivity to work with, trust me your kids will thank you :) and SO will your man! And speaking of men, my husband hit a pretty big trying on marker of his own. As I mentioned we have a wedding tomorrow, and he has various suits for various weights in his closet. His favorite suit however he purchase back in 2003 when we went on our first cruise to Bermuda, its a nice pin stripped suit, crisp clean and so handsome. He's not been able to fit into it for quite sometime but has always kept it, hoping someday he would be able to.

Photobucket

Well he tried it on this morning and it fit!! He was very excited and I am proud of him sticking to his goal as well!! Healthy rounds all around :)

So quick little food idea. I love it, my clients love it, and its always great to have ideas. This one came courtesy of when I took Jenny Hendershots Phat Camp last year : http://www.getphatwithjen.com/
which was phenomenal by the way and I highly recommend it! I believe she is coming back to Boston in October! I love deviled eggs and this is kind of a spin on that. Boil your eggs, take the yolks out and spoon hummus back in to fill. Great high protein, clean snack!! I use roasted red pepper hummus DELISH!!

Photobucket

Hope everyone stays on track and has a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment