Friday, August 17, 2012

Photobucket

If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Maybe that's why I've been so quiet. ;) I too like most women fall victim to a few crazy days every month. Maybe its TMI but its a part of life. I honestly use to think PMS was the biggest woman cop out in the world. Hormones don't change your moods? Really my chocolate craving, teary eyed, bloated, sleepy, migrained self in the last few years has eaten those thoughts. Everything was going smoothly and I should have known by my extreme need for a nap (I hardly ever ever am tired), my extreme cravings to want to go off food plan, and the scale not budging a single solitary ounce, that a storm was coming. I think my biggest downfall with my monthly friend is I just get grumpy because my stomach feels like its going to fall off and I tend to not work out at least for one or two days because I'm so uncomfortable. Working out for me puts me in a great positive mindset, so missing that coupled with being uncomfortable, tired, and bloated, and well I'm simply unpleasant. I will admit that I had a few "off days", and am now back on track ready for the gym and excited to challenge myself to step up my game to get back to focused positive Stephanie :) There are no excuses. We choose every decision we make, so I OWN it!

Hope everyone can push themselves to step a little outside their comfort zone this weekend and challenge themselves a little extra with their workouts. My progress for the week is down .8 - again nothing spectacular but considering the week I've had - I will take it! And I know I didn't do anything for a few days to truly deserve solid progress. Part of this process is being honest with yourself and admitting when you put the work in and when you didn't! Its not taking your challenge lightly or making excuses, but knowing when you need to adjust because you didn't do what you needed to. The way I look at is don't dwell... move forward... "A fresh mind keeps the body fresh. Take in the ideas of the day, drain off those of yesterday." And on that note off to the gym! And making some sweet potato fries this weekend! YUM! http://www.yourhealthyhedonista.com/2012/08/boiled-baked-sweet-potato-fries.html

No comments:

Post a Comment